Bikes are our first topic this week. We talk first bikes, getting back in the saddle, and Kate’s Dad being the Grandfather of Minneapolis Cycling. We get in to the independence they create in our lives, as well as recommendations for getting good bikes routes to the places you regularly go and a super cycling podcast. Kate went to a class at Solcana CrossFit last week, loved it, and is starting as a member this week WHAT WHAT. The test class was a humbling experience in the best possible way and left her wanting more. We wrap up this week giving recommendations for our favorite sunscreens and the importance of covering yourself for incidental exposure. Then, our favorite tweets of this week as the icing on the cake. Kate goes serious, Jenn goes funny. It’s not called XOXOJK for nothing, folks.
- Jenn’s new bike! – Critical Cycles Fixed-Gear/Single-Speed with BMX Handlebars
- Grease Rag Ride & Wrench
- Origin8 bikes
- Pedalhub podcast
- Minneapolis – #1 Bike City
- 30 Days of Biking
- The Skin Cancer Foundation
- Nitrogen Clear Face Breakout Free Liquid Lotion Sunscreen
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Body Mist
Tweets of the Week!
Don't let the glass on the ceiling cut ya on the way down
— CHRSTN. (@Christin612) June 18, 2015
- Rise and fall of the superdad: Why men like me can’t have it all – Fathers are under pressure to do more at home and at work. Something’s got to give.
Eating a microwave dinner over the sink like God intended
— Janna Raye Syverson (@JannaSyverson) June 18, 2015